Pages

Friday, August 15, 2014

Reorganize. Consolidate. Purify.

I've been super sick for a week now, and when I got around to asking why, I got a good answer.
Image here.

Reorganize. Consolidate. Purify.

My illness has been something of a surprise, because ever since I turned my will more fully over to God, I really haven't been ill. This is amazing for me because I have seen literal years where I was well for fewer than ten days. The first year of my marriage, I was literally well for one week out of fifty-two. It was just one thing after another. But I feel like in a lot of ways my whole life has been like that.

Since I had my change of heart, I experienced much better health, but the past week has been crazy. But it makes sense in the context of the words I heard while I was spiritually asking why.

Reorganize. Consolidate. Purify.

I feel as though this illness is coming at the perfect time for that sort of thing--we just passed the one year anniversary of my brother's death, and completed his temple work just last week. Astrologically, we passed through some interesting sky times in the past month, between the Three Negative Weeks, Tisha b'Av (the date of my brother's temple work!), and now the supermoon in the month ruled by the sun.
Image here.

It is especially notable to me that the bulk of my illness began on the supermoon, because my particular quest this year, since my brother's death, has been to bring my sun and moon, or masculine and feminine energies, into balance. With that in mind, this type of illness is coming at the perfect time and in the perfect way to help me reorganize, consolidate, and purify. We're purging the remaining physical and energetic gunk that's been shifted around in this past year, so that the soul can be reorganized, new things can be consolidated, and old things can be purified.

Anyway. This is kind of a personal thing but I wonder how many of the physical illnesses and ailments we suffer are for the same reasons. Reorganize. Consolidate. Purify. I wonder how much more we would get out of our illnesses if we had eyes to see them for what they really are. Perhaps not all sicknesses are purification processes, our bodies processing the past and preparing for the future, but perhaps more of them are than we realize.

Something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment