Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2015

sticks and stones

Last night a friend publicly attacked me on the Internet. It was kind of a surreal experience. But fortunately, God prepared me for it and had already instructed me to preemptively do some mediations for releasing negativity, so when it all hit I was able to release it pretty quick.

Still, in the night I sat there tossing and turning. All the things I wanted to say to this person were floating through my head. I told God, I don't even want to think these things. I want to be over it.

Image here.
And in that moment, I had a sort of energetic vision of a bunch of sticks--me with a bunch of sticks.

At first I shrugged it off, because I've been doing yard work like a fiend and spending hours and hours chopping down old bushes and putting the branches away. But then I thought, no, that was something I really saw. And so I asked God what it was. What were all those sticks, anyway?

The answer I got: they were sticks as in, "sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me."

I told God, I don't want these. I asked for help giving them to Jesus so I wouldn't have to hold onto them anymore. There are lots of things I could do and say about this situation that would be completely justified and warranted, but I'm over it. There are a lot of things I wish this person would understand, but at the end of the day, I really feel this person is at the end of their rope in a lot of ways, and while she obviously deeply hates me, I don't hate her and I don't want her to be hurt. So even though there are a lot of things I'd like to say, I'd also like to just not say them.

This just made me laugh out loud like three times.
Image here.
So I started turning over my sticks to the Lord. There are bundles of them. I'd think I was done and then as I tried to sleep another protestation would come up, and I'd have to pause and envision myself handing that stick over to God too.

The one redeeming thing: I have had no stones for this chick. I'm now stick-free. I asked God to turn any future sticks I might have for this lady into flowers. We'll see how it works out.

In other news, we are two days into a Mercury retrograde (surprise!). This is exactly the type of thing you should expect to happen. I do wonder if things will get worse before they get better. Retrograde finishes on June 11. But anyway, at least on my end, at least this morning, I am stick-free.

No comments:

Post a Comment