Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2015

releasing anger and negativity through meditation

I've been meditating regularly for over a year now, and it has made a huge difference in my life. But there are many different kundalini meditations out there, and they all are for different purposes.

A few days ago I was prompted to take up the meditation to release anger and negativity--a meditation I think I had done only a handful of times before in my life, and only because it was specifically assigned by my teacher. This week I did it for several consecutive days and was astonished at the difference in my life.

Here is a video on how to do it. Before you do the meditation, you must tune in, and after you complete your meditations, you must tune out. All told, this doesn't need to take more than five minutes of your time.


Side note: this is my teacher. Isn't she beautiful?!! Sending her grateful love vibes!! She is amazing!

I hadn't done this meditation more than a few times in the past because I really hadn't been dealing with any anger or negativity issues. One part of the meditation is that you're supposed to intentionally think of the things that upset you as you do it, and it just clears them. I'd gone a long time without having much to be upset about.

This past week, this meditation has been a lifesaver! Fortunately I was prompted to start doing it preemptively, such that when the storm of negativity hit, I was able to just breathe it out and move on. It's actually been pretty astonishing.

One of my issues lately has been that every time I think I'm "over" this one situation, I find another instance of what I consider vandalism and it just sets me off and I get angry all over again. This has been going on for maybe two months. I forgive, and then the next day I discover yet another horrific thing that's been done. But just yesterday, three days into doing this meditation daily, I discovered yet another destroyed thing in my house, and where I would normally have had smoke coming out the ears, I was able to shrug it off and just accept it. Am I thrilled about it? Hardly. But I'm not boiling with rage, which is a huge thing! I was actually able to continue functioning like a normal, happy person throughout the rest of the day. And this morning I still feel fine. So: success!

Conclusion

If you're dealing with anger and negativity in your life, you have to try this meditation!! Go ahead and commit to three minutes a day every day for a week and see if you notice a difference. For me, I noticed a difference immediately after my first time doing the meditation. And as a sleep-deprived, fatigued pregnant person, I actually haven't even been able to make it to a full three minutes a day--I think I'm probably closer to one and a half minutes, frankly. But every little bit counts.

Release some negativity and anger today! This meditation works!

No comments:

Post a Comment