Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

God can heal instantly.

This is kind of an echo of another post on faith. But this experience has been floating around in my mind and I wanted to share it.

From here.
A few months back I experienced some trauma. This was after I developed the ability to discern traumas more clearly. I noticed at the time that one of my chakras had developed a dent and some discoloration as a result of my trauma. It looked kind of like this picture.

When the chakras are clean and healthy and everything, to me they appear as perfectly spherical and evenly bright all the way through. So dents, cracks, discolorations, and so on are not good.

Anyway, my hurt chakra distressed me. So I went into theta and got cleaning.

And got cleaning.

And got cleaning.

And I scrubbed that thing! And I tried so hard to clean it and make it perfectly round again! And it just wouldn't come clean!

And finally I did what I should have done in the first place: I prayed about it.

It came to me that, theoretically, at least, Heavenly Father should be able to just fix it. Just fix it instantly. Right? Why not?

So tentatively, I asked if He would just clean it and fix it and make it beautiful and clean and bright, please.

And He did. So fast. In the blink of an eye, this dented, yucky ball I'd been mentally scrubbing for weeks just perfected. Clean, whole, bright. Perfect. It was amazing. I was so grateful.

It taught me a lot. God can always heal instantly, if we are ready for it, if we ask for it, and if we have faith for His healing to come through for us. Healing on our own doesn't always work and it's rarely the optimal solution. If I had kept thinking I was going to clean my traumatized subtle body on my own, I am pretty sure I'd still be spiritually dented. But as soon as I turned it over to Heavenly Father, BAM. Things were good. Instantly.

To me, it all comes down to faith. Do we have faith to be healed?

James A. Cullimore.
From James A. Cullimore:
I bear my solemn witness that these gifts are with the Church today. The sick are healed, the eyes of the blind are opened, the ears of the deaf are unstopped, the lame are made to walk. The gift of tongues blesses our missionaries and others the world over. The gifts of wisdom and knowledge are evidenced by the leadership of our people everywhere. Devils are cast out, spirits are discerned, the gift of faith is demonstrated on every side. Many mighty miracles give evidence that this is indeed his church, the church of Jesus Christ. All the gifts and powers and blessings that have always identified Christ’s church are with the Church today.
As members of the Church, is our faith sufficiently strong? Are we in tune with the Spirit that we might be blessed by these great gifts? Do we believe a miracle can be performed or a blessing given? Do we call upon the priesthood as often as we should to administer to the sick? Do we believe we can be healed? Do we have faith to heal? Is the priesthood always prepared to give a blessing? How strong is your faith?

No comments:

Post a Comment