Pages

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Release that excess weight from your life

We've done lots and lots with Mercury Retrograde this past week! Here, again, is my obligatory link to The Gospel and Reading the Stars. Today, I have a fun exercise to help you release that excess weight from your life.

This exercise has to do with the Venus Retrograde that just finished on April 15. Venus has to do with values, what is important to you. So we'll be examining the things that are important to you.

Here is what you will do: 

Step 1

First, you will write down the things that matter to you. All of them. It will take a minute and that's okay! Here are some ideas: 

- your own body
- your children
- your spouse
- your house
- your books
- your job
- your reputation
- how this person or that person feels about you
- your obligations at work or church or school
- etc. 

Step 2

Okay. Now that you have your list, you will come up with a symbolic object for each of those items. Or, if the item is easily assessed weight-wise, you can just use the object.

For example: 
- A leaden birdhouse might represent my house
- My books, I would just symbolically represent as books
- My reputation might be represented as a feather on a very heavy set of scales
- How a friend feels about me might be represented as a ribbon--what is it tied to?

This is an abstract exercise. Just allow it to happen. Don't judge what comes into your mind, just allow images to come to you that represent the different things in your life that are important to you. 

Step 3

Once you have symbolic objects assigned to every thing that matters to you, determine its weight. As in, how heavy it is. If you don't know off the top of your head, ask your subconscious: how much does this weigh? Just write down the first number that comes into your mind. 

Step 4

Add all the weights up. How much is this weight you are carrying in your life? What are the biggies? How much do they weigh on you? 

Step 5

Really evaluate this list with a discerning eye. Are all these things you are carrying truly important? What can you release in order to lighten the burden you're carrying? This is the time to make a conscious shift in what you care about. Maybe it's not appropriate anymore to assign quite so much weight to other people's judgments, or a particular person's judgments. Maybe it's time to let go emotionally and physically of some of the physical items you've been holding onto.

For example, I've always loved books. A few years ago I realized I was probably never going to re read most of my books. I had hundreds of books at the time. I dumped them all out on the floor, determined to carry with me only those books that truly brought me joy. It was tough and I didn't really carry that through 100%--though I did toss well over 300 books that didn't make the cut. It was emotional but worth it. I don't miss them now. But I do feel the lightness that comes from cutting out unnecessary weight from our lives. 
Now is a great time to release some excess weight from your life. 
I can guarantee that as you perform this exercise and actually follow through with releasing some of those values that are weighing you down, your physical body will feel lighter and your spirit self will feel lighter as well. Release those unnecessary burdens! I give you permission--let them go! You don't need to carry them anymore. 

More later,

allie




No comments:

Post a Comment